- RARE SCREENING OF STUDIO PONOC'S FIRST FILM: Mary and The Witch's Flower!
- Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind
- Mixer activities for a chance to win prizes and make new friends
- Cosplay hosts The Last Son Cosplay, Breathelifeindeeply, EarthyChan_Cosplay, Toronto Aladdin
- Green screen fun with hand-made Ghibli props
- Japanese dessert for all supplied by HCafe Japanese Cafe!
- A cosplay contest for prizes!
- Authentic Studio Ghibli merchandise imported from Japan
- Songs performed by Yumemi Cosplay
- Door prizes
- Love Live/Jpop dance performance by 1,2,SHINE!
- LIMITED SPOTS in the beautiful and intimate Fox Theatre
*This schedule is subject to change, 90% for the better!
In April 2017, Culture Toronto held it's first Studio Ghibli Double Feature because we love anime and Hayao Miyazaki does some of the best anime movies ever - since the date was April 1st, we call these events Foolish for Ghibli! As we branch out using other anime, we'll never forget the standard we started with - now these are Foolish for Ghibli PLUS events!
Every once in a while, the stars align and the thing you dreamed about comes true. In this case, we dreamed of showing anime never before seen. Culture Toronto is pleased to announce that this Foolish For Ghibli PLUS Double Feature we will be showcasing never-before-seen in Canada Mary and The Witch's Flower, along with the classic Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind! This event is more than just a screening, where cosplay is not only encouraged, but rewarded. Are you in?
WHERE and WHEN:
Fox Theatre in Toronto's beaches, 2236 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M4E 1G2
Saturday April 14th, 9:30-4:30pm
P.S. Great food is within steps and the beach is literally a 5 minute walk away!
Please book BELOW
Our online ticket sales have closed. If you want to come, just show up on Saturday at 9:30am!
Q: When will I receive my tickets?
A: We don't actually send out physical tickets. When you buy your tickets, we put your name on a guest list while you are sent a digital confirmation of your purchase.
Q: Do I have to cosplay?
A: Of course you don't! Come any way you want. There is a cosplay contest though that we will all watch and enjoy, and the prizes are $$$.
Q: Is this a family friendly event?
A: The films are totally appropriate for kids.
Q: Are the movies subtitled or dubbed?
A: When you come to our anime events, you start to get polls about what we should watch next and whether they should be dubbed or subbed. We cater to our loyal followers. If you are asked to, please vote!